Thursday 7 February 2013

What if I'm a Princess on Another Planet? And No One On This Planet Knows It?

Remember.....The loss of innocence?
Remember.....Discovering who you are?
Remember.....Your first time in the big city?

Make new friends.
Make new choices.
Make the scene

Everybody this is Carrie.......

To anyone who knows me and knows me pretty well, you guys will know I am a die hard, and when I say die hard, I mean completely obsessed and life inspired can't ever get enough, Carrie Bradshaw fan.

And so you can imagine my delight that the latest Candace Bushell book, the prequel to SATC, The Carrie Diaries, is now a TV show. Made by those who gave us Gossip Girl and styled by none other than Carrie's original genius stylist, Patricia 'Queen of Carefree Styling' Field. Another obvious icon of mine.

As part of my Fashion degree I have been set the task of finding a 'meme' and translating my meme into two Fashion shoots. One for a commercial magazine and one for an early adapter magazine. My starting point is the Carrie Diaries and a teenage Carrie Bradshaw before she became who she become.

The year is 1984. The place is Manhattan. Follow my progress via this blog as I tear apart passages of the book and discover through research how Carries life really would have been as a teenage girl in 1980s New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment